commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Proxy 1.0 (from rc2)
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 04:32:09 GMT
On 2/19/08, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On 2/19/08, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm +0 on this release because I like to review the actual artifacts
> > that are going to be distributed. The distros IMO meet ASF release
> > requirements but if I run command "mvn -Prc site assembly:assembly"
> > then the binary distro created also includes the javadocs and also
> > -sources.jar and -javadoc.jar. Which kind of makes the argument for
> > reviewing actual artifacts.
>
> Is there something in the pom that shouldn't be there?  I don't think
> there's anything too crazy in the pom that should cause it to be
> generating weird artifacts.  Is it something in the parent pom?

Are we supposed to be using the "rc" (I take it that means release
candidate) profile when building?  That wasn't in the instructions.
The distros that I built were done using mvn assembly:assembly and
site without the profile activated.  Then, I hand-signed the artifacts
and generated the md5 checksums.  I guess I could have used the maven
plugin, huh?  :)