commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Proxy 1.0
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:22:04 GMT
> On 19/02/2008, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> > So, as far as I can tell these are the current issues with this
> > release candidate (and what I've done to fix them):
> >
> > 1.  Source Incompatible w/1.3 - Changed the source/target to 1.4 in
> > proxy's pom file
> >
> > 2.  Javadoc Links - The new Javadocs will have links to JDK, XML-RPC,
> > Javassist, AOP Alliance, and the "concurrent" stuff from Doug Lea's
> > library.
> >
> > 3.  Digests/Signatures - Release candidate 2 distributions will have
> > associated digest and signature files.
> >
> > 4.  Notice file copyright year range doesn't match the "inceptionYear"
> > property in the pom file - I change the Notice file to match.
> >
> > 5.  Manifest file sloppiness: The felix plugin is causing this.
> >
> > So, am I ready for an rc2 for you guys?
> >

> It would be useful to document the minimum Java version on the
> web-site main page.
>
> Some Commons projects have developer pages; might be worth considering
> this for a future release, if not now.

Do you know of any commons projects that currently list their minimum
Java version?  I'd like to borrow from what they've done.  Or, is
there a preferred place that we should put something like that?  It
would be nice if the dependencies page listed the source/target Java
versions that were used by the compiler.

I might just wait until the next release for a "developer" page.