commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Proxy 1.0
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:36:06 GMT
> > It's written to be 1.3 compliant.
>
> It appears to be so if one uses Maven, however I just tried it with
> Eclipse, and there are some classes which are not compatible with 1.3.
>
> RuntimeException does not have RuntimeException([String,]Throwable)
> constructors, nor  do Exception.getCause() String.matche(String) exist
> in 1.3.

Okay, so how about we say it's 1.4 compliant?  It's a brand new
library, so there really are no existing users.  The ones I have are
already using it based on what's in SVN, so they're probably okay with
the 1.4edness (it's a word, I promise).  Should I update the POM to
override what we have in the parent?  This brings up an interesting
question, though.  Why isn't this flagged?  I said it's supposed to be
1.3 compliant to maven.  Shouldn't the maven build fail if I've got
stuff in there that's not 1.3 compliant?