commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Proxy 1.0
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:44:57 GMT

> There are no digests (.md5 or .sha) and no signature (.asc) files.

I went by these directions:

http://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html

which doesn't mention anything about doing digests or signing the
release candidates.  That is left for the next step of actually
publishing the release.  However, I think I should sign the rc2 so
that you guys can look over that to make sure I do that correctly
also.

> The Manifest file in the binary jar is rather difficult to read - in
> particular the import-export lines are not nicely wrapped. Also the
> ordering of entries is rather odd, e.g. the compiler source and target
> versions are normally next to each other.

See Niall's answer regarding the manifest.

> The NOTICE.txt file in SVN says:
>
> Copyright 2006-2008
>
> However the pom says:
>
> <inceptionYear>2005</inceptionYear>

I probably should change the NOTICE.txt file to 2005 - 2008.

> The code seems to build OK using maven and java 1.4.
>
> What version of Java is Proxy intended for?
>
> Currently it inherits the java source and target versions from the
> parent POM; these are both set to 1.3.

It's written to be 1.3 compliant.