commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] What changes in Commons Configuration 2.0 ?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:05:52 GMT
Oliver Heger wrote:
> In most points I agree. Some comments below:
>
> Emmanuel Bourg schrieb:

[snip]

>> - New package name, with no version number please. I suggest
>> org.apache.commons.config
> I prefer going with the commons standards here. I am against a config
> package because it is unrelated to the existing configuration
> package. A package name of configuration2 shows that the API is
> evolving.

+1. Especially since I cannot remember, when I typed a package name the last time. Usually
this is done by my IDE.

[snip]

Another change:

- Get rid of the current list handling

Currently any value is parsed for list elements and if the list delimiter is found, it will
return only the first value. IMHO a list should only be returned if 'getList' is called (with
an optional delimiter parameter), but a call to 'getString' should return the complete value.

- Jörg