commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <GGreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [io] 2.0 Moving to minimum of JDK 1.5
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 22:27:59 GMT
Perhaps we should do the following in trunk:

1) Generify (I know, it's not a word and it is funny that my spellchecker suggests 'gentrify'))
everything and keep backwards compatibility (this has started)
2) Re-implement using Java 5 APIs where appropriate. For example, if we catch and re-throw
an exception, make sure we pass the cause up the chain.
3) See what it all looks like
4) Discuss what old style APIs to remove if any. For example: Do we keep foo(Type[]) when
we now have foo(List<Type>)) or foo(Iterable<Type>)

Gary