commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <GGreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [io] 2.0 Moving to minimum of JDK 1.5
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:45:48 GMT
In my mind, the point of io2 (as in, the next version plus the possible repackaging) is to
allow us to (re)write io2 with Java 5 in mind. For example, you would never use a raw type
in the API or internally. Any other non collection generics APIs (array parameters) left would
be for backward compatibility. But for new APIs, we just need to think what is the best for
an API parameter, for example, an array or a generics collections? I think we are going with
generics from now on.

Thank you,
Gary