commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [io] 2.0 Moving to minimum of JDK 1.5
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 14:55:26 GMT
I agree with James here. Spanning across packages makes this whole
thing overly complex. IMO we should keep it easy and consistent.

org.apache.commons.io = 1.x
org.apache.commons.io2 = 2.x

I think we are a little too afraid to maintain a second branch here.
I know we are few people. But if we switch to 2.x and move 1.x to
bugfix mode only. Upgrading to 2.x should not be that bad. For some
maybe not even more than a organize imports. No one is forced to
upgrade. So I don't really see the point of making our life harder
than it is.

cheers
--
Torsten