commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Release Proxy 1.0 (from rc4)
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:38:11 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:11 PM, James Carman
<james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> On 2/27/08, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:55 AM, James Carman
>  >
>  > <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>  >  > On 2/26/08, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  >
>  >  > > On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 7:23 PM, James Carman
>  >  >  >  <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>  >  >  >  > So, are there any directions out there on where I need to copy
>  >  >  >  >  everything to get it "published"?
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  > Looks like you have the source and binary distros already done in correct
place:
>  >  >  >  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/proxy/
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  So just need to put the jars and their signatures/checksums in the
>  >  >  >  m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository:
>  >  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >  If I copy just the jars and their signatures/checksums, how does the
>  >  >  pom.xml file get there.  And, how does all the other maven metadata
>  >  >  get generated?
>  >
>  >
>  > This is the downside of not using the maven release plugin (which
>  >  updates the maven metadata automatically) - you need to create it,
>  >  something like:
>  >
>  >  http://people.apache.org/~niallp/proxy-1.0/maven-metadata.xml
>  >
>  >  and also copy the pom and its signatures/checksums - which you have here:
>  >  http://people.apache.org/~jcarman/commons-proxy-1.0-rc4/
>  >

>  I've done this.  But, when you go to the "releases" section of the
>  commons site, it says that  proxy has not had a release yet.  What
>  sets all of that up?

The site is in commons-build
   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk/

...and the download pages are generated using xslt. So you have to
update commons-build\downloads\download.xml and then re-generate those
pages - instructions here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk/downloads/README.txt

I've updated it for proxy 1.0 and uploaded a new version of that page
- should be able to see it after the next sync

Niall