commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] commons-parent pom release
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:51:16 GMT
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:36 PM, James Carman
<james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On 2/25/08, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > I would like to do a release of commons-parent mainly for the OSGi
>  >  (i.e. bundle) plugin and commons-build-plugin - the full set of
>  >  changes are here:
>  >
>  >  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=630871&r2=611431&diff_format=h
>  >
>  >  I know James had a couple of proposals (adding site deployment and
>  >  assembly plugin to "rc" profile) - but I'm not sure about them ATM
>  >  (adding the assembly plugin messes up anything that doesn't have an
>  >  assembly - e.g. commons-parent).
>
>  Can we at least add in the deployment directory stuff for the site?
>  The only problem with that is that you need to supply a property
>  ("rcNumber") when you run in order for it to properly construct the
>  URL.  Does anyone know an easy way to grab the name of the SVN tag
>  during the build so that we could use that?

How do you use this - something like "mvn site:stage"?

Also does it give much benefit over just zipping up the site and
uploading manually? I can see us having to keep educating RM's that
they need to specify the "releaseManager" and "rc version" either on
the command line or in their settings.xml

Niall