commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r629875 - /commons/proper/proxy/branches/proxy-1.0-work/pom.xml
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:15:06 GMT
On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 6:08 PM, James Carman
<james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On 2/23/08, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:42 AM, James Carman
>  >  <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  >  From the m2 documentation site:
>  >  >
>  >  >  "Plugin Management contains plugin elements in much the same way,
>  >  >  except that rather than configuring plugin information for this
>  >  >  particular project build, it is intended to configure project builds
>  >  >  that inherit from this one."
>  >  >
>  >  >  So, if you define/configure the plugin within the <pluginManagement>
>  >  >  element, it doesn't get executed for the parent, but it does for the
>  >  >  children.
>  >
>  >
>  > ... only if the child project somehow invokes the plugin.
>  >
>  >  The pluginManagement section is a "suggestion" to the child project.
>  >  If the child project decides to use that plugin, it will get the
>  >  configuration from the parent.  But pluginManagement in the parent
>  >  will not *cause* the plugin to execute in the child project.
>  >

>  So, how do you say "execute this plugin during the build of my
>  children, but not during my build"?  We had the same situation at work
>  and what we ended up doing is creating a different module to be the
>  parent pom for all modules within our multi-level project structure.

Well since its in a "profile" - then I guess we can have different
profiles in commons-parent. Thinking about it, besides components we
have 2 poms (commons-parent and sandbox-parent), commons-skin and
commons-build-plugin. Those probably need their own rc/release
profiles that a different from components (don't need sources, javadoc
or assembly plugins)

Niall