commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release version 1.0 of commons-build-plugin based on RC1
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 00:18:14 GMT
On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:

> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>  > I'd like to release commons-build-plugin.
>  >
>  > Artifacts available for review are here:
>  > http://people.apache.org/~niallp/cbp-1.0-rc1/
>  >
>  > SVN Tag:
>  > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-build-plugin/tags/commons-build-plugin-1.0-RC1/
>  >
>  > Site:
>  > http://people.apache.org/~niallp/cbp-1.0-rc1/site/
>  >
>  > [  ] +1  go ahead and release
>  > [  ] -1   No, because...
>  >
>  > Niall
>
>  I've gone through the code and tested the plugins. Here are a few things
>  that I think should be fixed before the final release:
>
>  General
>  - Typos (I took the liberty of fixing these in svn already)

Thanks :)

>  jira-page
>  - Open issues should include Status="In Progress" (in 2 places)

Good point - I've fixed this

>  sandbox-jira-page
>  - Open issues should include Status="In Progress" (in 2 places)
>  - The two links to submit new issues under point 4, should include the
>  componentid in the URL, like this: &components=<commons.jira.componentid>

Good point - I've fixed this

>  download-page
>  - Should the resulting page really be copied to xdocs?
>  Isn't this file supposed to go somewhere else, and be together with cgi
>  scripts to work properly?  As it is now the page is included in the
>  site, but doesn't work.

The generated .html page will need an equivalently named .cgi script
in the same directory - as we have now. I think that having each
download page as part of the components web site rather than part of
the global commons sites is better - since it means the user doesn't
navigate away from the component. This is really just moving what we
have now under http://commons.apache.org/downloads/ to under each
component web site and providing a mechanism to generate the html
page. The only time the download page would need re-generating is when
either a new release is done or if we change the standard template -
so I think it should go into xdocs and be checked into subversion.

>  copy-javadoc-files
>  - Includes too many files. I tested this mojo in codec and the file
>  LICENSE-header.txt was included. We should limit it to exactly these
>  files: LICENSE, LICENSE.txt, NOTICE and NOTICE.txt.

Good point - I've fixed this

Thanks for the feedback

Niall