commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Proxy 1.0 (from rc2)
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 04:39:34 GMT
On Feb 20, 2008 4:32 AM, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On 2/19/08, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> > On 2/19/08, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'm +0 on this release because I like to review the actual artifacts
> > > that are going to be distributed. The distros IMO meet ASF release
> > > requirements but if I run command "mvn -Prc site assembly:assembly"
> > > then the binary distro created also includes the javadocs and also
> > > -sources.jar and -javadoc.jar. Which kind of makes the argument for
> > > reviewing actual artifacts.
> >
> > Is there something in the pom that shouldn't be there?  I don't think
> > there's anything too crazy in the pom that should cause it to be
> > generating weird artifacts.  Is it something in the parent pom?

No nothing weird - just pointing out that you can get some additional
stuff that is nice-to-have that was missing from your rc

> Are we supposed to be using the "rc" (I take it that means release
> candidate) profile when building?

Yes - if you do it generates the javadoc and sources jars for you -
which are nice-to-have.

>  That wasn't in the instructions.
> The distros that I built were done using mvn assembly:assembly and
> site without the profile activated.

The "bin" assembly descriptor includes the apidocs folder, but you
need the site generated first - so specifying "site" goal before
"assembly:assembly" achieves that.

  Then, I hand-signed the artifacts