commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Proxy 1.0
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:10:17 GMT
On Feb 19, 2008 6:31 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19/02/2008, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> > > Can't access the archives:
> > >
> > > You don't have permission to access
> > > /~jcarman/commons-proxy-1.0-rc1/commons-proxy-1.0-rc1-bin.zip on this
> > > server.
> >
> > Sorry.  I checked that the directory listing worked.  I just did a
> > chmod a+rx * in that dir, so everything should be okay now.
>
> That's fixed it, thanks.
>
> There are no digests (.md5 or .sha) and no signature (.asc) files.
>
> The Manifest file in the binary jar is rather difficult to read - in
> particular the import-export lines are not nicely wrapped. Also the
> ordering of entries is rather odd, e.g. the compiler source and target
> versions are normally next to each other.

The manifest is being generated using the maven bundle plugin[1]  and
those import/export lines are part of the OSGi info it adds to the
manifest. While it might be nice if it didn't change the order of
entries (I did suggest that[2]) or the line wrapping was easier on the
eye AIUI the manifest is meant to be machine-read and the rules for
its format (e.g. line length and wrapping) reflect that.

The only thing I can suggest is raising an issue ticket with the felix
project - but its probably not in the maven plugins control - since
its just a wrapper for the BND tool[3]

Niall

[1] http://felix.apache.org/site/maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-449?focusedCommentId=12557217#action_12557217