commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r617341 - in /commons/sandbox/commons-build-plugin/src/main: resources/commons-xdoc-templates/ scripts/
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 18:37:52 GMT
On Feb 4, 2008 6:28 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:
> > On Feb 2, 2008 4:56 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
> >> Would it be possible to remove the property "commons.release.version"
> >> and just use "project.version" instead, in the download-page-template?
> >
> > I don't think so, since most of the time that will be set to -SNAPSHOT
> > and the download page needs to generate the latest release. Mostly
> > this would be done when a release happens - but another scenario is if
> > the template changed.
>
> Right, but an important question is *if* we want to publish the site
> in-between releases. That is a completely different discussion though.

Well things have often changed in the past, so I would rather not
limit it to only working at the few points in time when the
project.version = release version.

A more pressing problem though - I just upgraded from maven 2.0.7 to
2.0.8 and this plugin no longer works - guess I have some more
pulling-my-hair-out-over-maven to do :(

Niall