commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] going towards 1.2 release ?
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 00:10:07 GMT
On Feb 1, 2008 11:55 PM, Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
> sebb a écrit :

> >> Good idea.  I will finish the last bits on the Anova addition and some
> >> other cleanup I wanted to do this weekend and roll a RC, after
> >> updating the release plan to drop a couple of things (e.g. repackaging
> >> the analysis package - after thinking more about this and observing
> >> the lingering effects that a similar move had on [collections], I
> >> think we should leave as is).
> >>
> >> There could be some things related to deprecating abstract factories
> >> uniformly or cleaning up solvers, improving documentation for analysis
> >> package that may derail things - patches welcome! - but I will try to
> >> slug through enough of it this weekend to get an RC out.  Because m2
> >> is going to present some challenges, I will take the "old style" RC =
> >> RC approach so we can iterate to a final.
> >>
> >> Phil
> >>

> > Just run Findbugs on the code; I'll post a JIRA with the findings (not many).
> >
> > SVN includes some source under mantissa - is this obsolete, or a work
> > in progress? It does not compile (e.g.
> > org.spaceroots.mantissa.estimation package is missing), and is not
> > included in the M2 build.
>
> It is part of a code base progressively integrated into [math]. For this
> version, the ode, estimation, geometry and optimization packages as well
> as a few classes from the random package have been moved from mantissa
> to [math]. What is left in the directory will be reduced further as
> other packages are included in future releases. The final leftover will
> be dropped. So this directory should be considered an internal base for
> developpers only, it is not part of the release.
>

> > Also, Junit for Java 1.3 is now at 3.8.2; might as well update the build?
>
> Yes. I'll update the pom file.
>

> > It would be useful to include a simple "how to build" document in SVN
> > (and on the web-site).
>
> Sure. Should we be consistent with some document shared accross all
> commons projects or should we write something ourselves ? I think we are
> similar to other projects, currently switching from maven 1 to maven 2.

A number of components have "building" pages that are vaguely similar,
but I don't think theres consistency - if you want something to start
with I updated Commons IO's building page for maven2 recently:

http://commons.apache.org/io/building.html
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/io/trunk/xdocs/building.xml

Niall