commons-dev mailing list archives

From "nicolas de loof" <nico...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant build script for source repackaging
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 10:55:34 GMT
2008/2/7, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org>:

> Observed differences:
>
> commons-betwixt-0.5:
> commons-httpclient-3.1:
> commons-jxpath-1.2:
> These jars have LICENSE.txt, etc in the META-INF directory.  Not that
> that is a bad place to be, it just looks like these might have been
> prepared manually or by a slightly different script than the other
> source jars.

Those one have been manually updated to include the required files that are
NOT in the released source distribution.

commons-math-1.1:
> The diff reports that the LICENSE.txt, NOTICE.txt, and RELEASE-
> NOTES.txt  and license-header.txt are different, but it may just be
> different line feeds.  However, even if it is only line feeds, they
> should be consistent.
>
> commons-pool-1.3:
> Possibly line feeds too, but also affects .java files.
>
> commons-primitives-1.0:
> Likely line feeds, just LICENSE.txt
>
> The script was written to mimic the current candidate builds.
> However, it should be straightforward to modify to add missing NOTICE
> files and place LICENSE and NOTICE in META-INF if desired.

The txt files where copied from the source distribution, not from a single
reference, so formatting/typo may have been introduced by the original
source distribution.

Thanks for this nice script !

Should I update the "candidate" folder with the generated jars an call for a
vote ?

Nico.