commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release version 1.0 of commons-build-plugin based on RC1
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:44:53 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> I'd like to release commons-build-plugin.
>
> Artifacts available for review are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/cbp-1.0-rc1/
>
> SVN Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-build-plugin/tags/commons-build-plugin-1.0-RC1/
>
> Site:
> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/cbp-1.0-rc1/site/
>
> [  ] +1  go ahead and release
> [  ] -1   No, because...
>
> Niall

I've gone through the code and tested the plugins. Here are a few things
that I think should be fixed before the final release:

General
- Typos (I took the liberty of fixing these in svn already)

jira-page
- Open issues should include Status="In Progress" (in 2 places)

sandbox-jira-page
- Open issues should include Status="In Progress" (in 2 places)
- The two links to submit new issues under point 4, should include the
componentid in the URL, like this: &components=<commons.jira.componentid>

download-page
- Should the resulting page really be copied to xdocs?
Isn't this file supposed to go somewhere else, and be together with cgi
scripts to work properly?  As it is now the page is included in the
site, but doesn't work.

copy-javadoc-files
- Includes too many files. I tested this mojo in codec and the file
LICENSE-header.txt was included. We should limit it to exactly these
files: LICENSE, LICENSE.txt, NOTICE and NOTICE.txt.

If these sound like good improvements to you, I'll go in and fix them on
trunk.

--
Dennis Lundberg