commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release math 1.2
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:42:09 GMT
Luc Maisonobe schrieb:
> Oliver Heger a écrit :
>> The distributions look good. All build variants worked for me on a JDK
>> 1.6.
>>
>> Regarding the site: The clirr report shows some errors. According to
>> the release notes there are no binary incompatible changes. Is this okay?
>
> Yes. Clirr flags as errors protected fields that have been moved up in
> the class hierarchy. The corresponding classes are now deprecated in
> this version and most of the implementation has moved up.
Okay.

>> A minor point are the 292 checkstyle errors.
>
> Last time I checked, all remaining checkstyle errors were javadoc
> related and correspond to non-repeated javadoc existing in either a
> superclass or an interface. We discussed about it here:
> http://markmail.org/message/f664gjqesv5arqlh
>
> Phil thought it was OK to use {@inheritDoc}, but we did not use it yet.
>
> Luc

For configuration we used the following checkstyle definition:
     <!-- Checks for Javadoc comments.                     -->
     <!-- See http://checkstyle.sf.net/config_javadoc.html -->
     <module name="JavadocMethod">
         <property name="scope" value="public"/>
         <property name="allowUndeclaredRTE" value="true"/>
         <property name="allowMissingJavadoc" value="true"/>
     </module>

This works with the maven (1) checkstyle plugin version 3.0.1. Maybe
this would be an option?

But nevertheless this point is not very important to me. So I am +1 for
this release.

Oliver