commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] What changes in Commons Configuration 2.0 ?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:51:05 GMT
Jörg Schaible a écrit :

> Another change:
>
> - Get rid of the current list handling
>
> Currently any value is parsed for list elements and if the list delimiter is found, it
will return only the first value. IMHO a list should only be returned if 'getList' is called
(with an optional delimiter parameter), but a call to 'getString' should return the complete
value.

This feature has been frequently requested. I wonder if both behaviors
should be supported with an optional flag.

Regarding the various flags in use (throwExceptionOnMissing,
delimiterParsingDisabled), maybe they could be gathered in a class, let
say ConfigurationOptions, to allow the addition of other flags without
touching the Configuration interface.

Emmanuel Bourg