commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] artifactId on the 2.x branch
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:34:43 GMT
James Carman a écrit :
> Well, I'd like to see commons have some consistency to it.  I would
> rather every component within commons follow the same naming
> conventions w.r.t. packages and I guess now artifactIds (I didn't
> realize that was an issue within maven until I did my little test
> tonight).  Maybe I'm just too much of a neat freak. :)

Actually my concern with the new name is the number at the end. I'm
pretty sure this will be confusing for the users, people with the
commons-configuration2-2.1.jar in their project will believe to have the
2.2.1 revision. If we have to change the artifactId I would support
"commons-config" instead.

Emmanuel Bourg