commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [math] going towards 1.2 release ?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 23:55:06 GMT
sebb a écrit :
> On 01/02/2008, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 1, 2008 5:24 AM,  <luc.maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Their have been lot of work done recently on [math]. The last bugs have been
>>> fixed  and should be closed in Jira soon.
>>>
>>> What about preparing 1.2 release ?
>>>
>> Good idea.  I will finish the last bits on the Anova addition and some
>> other cleanup I wanted to do this weekend and roll a RC, after
>> updating the release plan to drop a couple of things (e.g. repackaging
>> the analysis package - after thinking more about this and observing
>> the lingering effects that a similar move had on [collections], I
>> think we should leave as is).
>>
>> There could be some things related to deprecating abstract factories
>> uniformly or cleaning up solvers, improving documentation for analysis
>> package that may derail things - patches welcome! - but I will try to
>> slug through enough of it this weekend to get an RC out.  Because m2
>> is going to present some challenges, I will take the "old style" RC =
>> RC approach so we can iterate to a final.
>>
>> Phil
>>

> Just run Findbugs on the code; I'll post a JIRA with the findings (not many).
>
> SVN includes some source under mantissa - is this obsolete, or a work
> in progress? It does not compile (e.g.
> org.spaceroots.mantissa.estimation package is missing), and is not
> included in the M2 build.

It is part of a code base progressively integrated into [math]. For this
version, the ode, estimation, geometry and optimization packages as well
as a few classes from the random package have been moved from mantissa
to [math]. What is left in the directory will be reduced further as
other packages are included in future releases. The final leftover will
be dropped. So this directory should be considered an internal base for
developpers only, it is not part of the release.

> Also, Junit for Java 1.3 is now at 3.8.2; might as well update the build?

Yes. I'll update the pom file.

> It would be useful to include a simple "how to build" document in SVN
> (and on the web-site).

Sure. Should we be consistent with some document shared accross all
commons projects or should we write something ourselves ? I think we are
similar to other projects, currently switching from maven 1 to maven 2.

Luc