commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [All] Nightly build links
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:15:39 GMT
On 20/02/2008, Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@apache.org> wrote:
> ...so your suggestion is to remove those link?

Yes.

> How do you distinguish
> between pages for "developers" and "general users"?

One way is to have a "developers" page. This is done by some projects, e.g. Math

http://commons.apache.org/math/developers.html

Or there could be a separate "Building" page, which describes how to
build the software (i.e. Java version, Ant target, Maven version and
goals).  This would be a useful page in its own right.

The build page could link to the nightly builds, via a suitable warning page.

For example, the JMeter page:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/nightly.html

makes it very clear that the builds are unsupported, and so does the
actual download area.

For Commons, it might be easiest to have a shared page that all
projects could use.