commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Proxy 1.0
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:16:51 GMT
On 19/02/2008, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> > There are no digests (.md5 or .sha) and no signature (.asc) files.
> >

> I went by these directions:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html
>
> which doesn't mention anything about doing digests or signing the
> release candidates.  That is left for the next step of actually
> publishing the release.  However, I think I should sign the rc2 so
> that you guys can look over that to make sure I do that correctly
> also.

OK - most other votes I've seen also include them.

> > The Manifest file in the binary jar is rather difficult to read - in
> > particular the import-export lines are not nicely wrapped. Also the
> > ordering of entries is rather odd, e.g. the compiler source and target
> > versions are normally next to each other.
> >

> See Niall's answer regarding the manifest.

OK.

> > The NOTICE.txt file in SVN says:
> >
> > Copyright 2006-2008
> >
> > However the pom says:
> >
> > <inceptionYear>2005</inceptionYear>
>
> I probably should change the NOTICE.txt file to 2005 - 2008.
>

> > The code seems to build OK using maven and java 1.4.
> >
> > What version of Java is Proxy intended for?
> >
> > Currently it inherits the java source and target versions from the
> > parent POM; these are both set to 1.3.
> >

> It's written to be 1.3 compliant.

It appears to be so if one uses Maven, however I just tried it with
Eclipse, and there are some classes which are not compatible with 1.3.

RuntimeException does not have RuntimeException([String,]Throwable)
constructors, nor  do Exception.getCause() String.matche(String) exist
in 1.3.