commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Proxy 1.0
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:31:56 GMT
On 19/02/2008, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> > > I have prepared a commons-proxy-1.0-rc1 release candidate.  The
> > > distribution files can be found at:
> > >
> > > http://people.apache.org/~jcarman/commons-proxy-1.0-rc1/
> > >

> > Can't access the archives:
> >
> > You don't have permission to access
> > /~jcarman/commons-proxy-1.0-rc1/commons-proxy-1.0-rc1-bin.zip on this
> > server.
>
> Sorry.  I checked that the directory listing worked.  I just did a
> chmod a+rx * in that dir, so everything should be okay now.

That's fixed it, thanks.

There are no digests (.md5 or .sha) and no signature (.asc) files.

The Manifest file in the binary jar is rather difficult to read - in
particular the import-export lines are not nicely wrapped. Also the
ordering of entries is rather odd, e.g. the compiler source and target
versions are normally next to each other.

The NOTICE.txt file in SVN says:

Copyright 2006-2008

However the pom says:

<inceptionYear>2005</inceptionYear>

The code seems to build OK using maven and java 1.4.

What version of Java is Proxy intended for?

Currently it inherits the java source and target versions from the
parent POM; these are both set to 1.3.