commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] going towards 1.2 release ?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:07:02 GMT
> On Feb 1, 2008 5:24 AM,  <luc.maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Their have been lot of work done recently on [math]. The last bugs have been
> > fixed  and should be closed in Jira soon.
> >
> > What about preparing 1.2 release ?
> >

> Good idea.  I will finish the last bits on the Anova addition and some
> other cleanup I wanted to do this weekend and roll a RC, after
> updating the release plan to drop a couple of things (e.g. repackaging
> the analysis package - after thinking more about this and observing
> the lingering effects that a similar move had on [collections], I
> think we should leave as is).
>
> There could be some things related to deprecating abstract factories
> uniformly or cleaning up solvers, improving documentation for analysis
> package that may derail things - patches welcome! - but I will try to
> slug through enough of it this weekend to get an RC out.  Because m2
> is going to present some challenges, I will take the "old style" RC =
> RC approach so we can iterate to a final.
>
> Phil

Just run Findbugs on the code; I'll post a JIRA with the findings (not many).

SVN includes some source under mantissa - is this obsolete, or a work
in progress? It does not compile (e.g.
org.spaceroots.mantissa.estimation package is missing), and is not
included in the M2 build.

Also, Junit for Java 1.3 is now at 3.8.2; might as well update the build?

It would be useful to include a simple "how to build" document in SVN
(and on the web-site).