commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [All] Nightly build links
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:44:17 GMT

> http://www.apache.org/dev/nightly-builds.html says that nightly builds
> are allowed, but that the general public should not be pointed to
> them.
>
> Seems to me that the front page and download pages for a project are
> intended for the general public, and therefore should not link
> directly to nightly builds.

Yep.

Ideally the nightly build links should only be included on pages that
> are intended for developers.

Yep.

If there are links on the main "public" pages, it seems to me these
> should be via a page that points out that nightly builds are not for
> the casual user.

Yep. What we have in Struts is a link from the nav menu on the front page to
a Developers page, and all of the dev-only stuff, including links to nightly
builds, is on that page, or linked from that page.

--
Martin Cooper

WDYT?