commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Takayuki Kaneko" <>
Subject [POOL] fairness of GenericObjectPool
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 05:35:48 GMT
Hi, I made a patch for fairness feature on GenericObjectPool.
Please see .

This patch provides the lightweight semaphore based on maxActive
number and wraps GenericObjectPool#borrowObject().

As a result, the performance of pool is improved because there is no
overhead of notifyAll.

I know this patch still has duplicate processing for maxActive, but I
wanted to show you the effect of this patch.
So I made the simple patch like wrapping method.

I'm considering whether this approach is useful for other issues of maxActive.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message