commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IO] Planning IO 1.4 release
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:48:45 GMT
On Jan 10, 2008 9:31 AM, Simon Kitching <simon.kitching@chello.at> wrote:

> I know that the remote-resources plugin is capable of pulling in a copy of the LICENSE
file from a central location. I don't personally think this is a good idea, and that checking
in a copy manually to each project is better, but care less about this than the NOTICE file.

> Is there something else that the remote-resources plugin would do for commons projects
*other* than handle NOTICE and LICENSE? If so, I'm not aware of it..

My point is simply, that the mrr-plugin was developed specifically for
solving the NOTICE and LICENSE issue. If we ignore it and implement
our own handling for that, then we are wasting time and effort by
duplicating work.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)