commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IO] Planning IO 1.4 release
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 07:56:01 GMT
On Jan 10, 2008 8:51 AM, Simon Kitching <simon.kitching@chello.at> wrote:

> Sorry to repeat myself again, but I really do not think the maven-remote-resources approach
is
> even legal. IANAL, but as I understand things, we *must* not use this.

Simon,

I understand your concern to mean, that the NOTICE file generated by
the mrr plugin doesn't
match what we would otherwise want to have as the NOTICE file. If
that's the case, then I agree
with you, that we should not use it by default *right now*. However,
that's also something that
can be adressed by the mrr plugin itself or by a particular subclass
that we might create.

Therefore, I stick to my opinion that it is the better way to go.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)