commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: component suggest : commons-monitoring
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:11:58 GMT
On 1/16/08, nicolas de loof <nicolas@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm ok with the graduate rule.
>
> Could you please grant me access to the sandbox SVN ?
>
> Is there some rule to follow for documentation, to best fit with other
> commons ?

<snip/>

In addition to what Hen said, IMO its good to have a slightly more
formal [PROPOSAL] thread, with some more details (this can actually be
helpful because it requires some thinking about the scope, this gets
communicated to the list etc. and can also produce feedback from
others).

There are some docs and a template in the old charter [1], but here is
an example [2]. There could be better examples, but this one is
easiest for me to find ;-)

-Rahul

[1] http://commons.apache.org/oldcharter.html
[2] http://markmail.org/message/kpfukwihmw273yj4