commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] understanding BigMatrixImpl.TOO_SMALL field
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 22:45:24 GMT
On 1/12/08, Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
> One comment about this change: this would break compatibility with
> version 1.1 and the clirr plugin flags this as an error.
<snip/>

That was my initial reaction as well when I read your first note
(below). In general, we try to avoid incompatible changes (there are
specific cases where we can attempt to push for exceptions, such as
blatant bugs and/or v0.x releases).

About the clirr errors you mention in the following paragraph, I
suspect they will come up for discussion at the next release unless
they are addressed or its a major release etc.

-Rahul