commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-fileupload 1.2.1 (rc3)
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:04:03 GMT
On 1/10/08, sebb <> wrote:
> On 10/01/2008, Jochen Wiedmann <> wrote:
> > I forgot to note: The distribution is available on
> >

> -1:
> The NOTICE files in the jars are non-standard. They also refer to
> Commons-IO which is not part of the jar. The NOTICE file is *only* for
> items that are included in the distribution, not external
> dependencies.
> The NOTICE.txt files in the archives are OK; the same files should be
> in the jars.

Regardless of the quality of the NOTICE files (I don't like the
generated one*), having two variants of NOTICE files in artifacts
corresponding to the same release -- as is pointed out above -- is
undesirable, IMO.

* In short: product name should be "Apache Foo", would be good to keep
lines from getting too long, Commons IO refers to pre-TLP URL,
"includes/uses" seems strange

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message