commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <>
Subject RE: commons-parent-7 discussion
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:47:07 GMT
Hi Niall,

Niall Pemberton wrote:
> I just made some more changes to commons-parent:
> This includes the "hack" to put the NOTICE/LICENSE files in the
> javadoc jar (which Dennis was -1 to, but three people agreed). See
> for all changes since commons-parent-6.
> Theres also the issue of specifying the "version" of the
> remote-resources-plugin - which in previous discussions people
> objected to. Please Note this is not configuring commons-parent to
> *use* that plugin - but just to specify the version number *if* a
> component does use it. I don't mind it going in and it has no impact
> unless components use it. Does anyone still have a problem with doing
> this? Also are there any other changes people think should be made
> before trying to release commons-parent-7?

You have to set the versions of the plugins used in the reporting section directly. They are
not affected by the version set in the pluginManagement section (unfortunatelly). The pluginManagement
entries will only influence the plugins of the build section.

- Jörg

BTW: Just in case someone does not believe this: Set the version of the javadoc plugin to
2.2 and reference it without version once in the build and the reporting section. Then use
M205 to build the site. It will fail, since it tries to use for the report the newer maven-javadoc-plugin
2.3 which needs a newer Maven version.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message