commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support for OSGi
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:36:21 GMT

On 21.01.2008, at 10:08, Tom Schindl wrote:

> Hi Torsten,
>
> I understand this but we are seeing many J2EE-Servers adopting OSGi
> and many applications
> (I admit most of them in Eclipse-world) also. It seems strange to
> me in those envs to use this "artificial"
> package to overcome jar-hell (which is the only reason for the
> java5-package right?) they are not having
> because of OSGi.

Hm.... not sure why its such a big deal to have e.g.
o.a.commons.lang2 or similar. If you use an IDE that manages imports
you will barely notice anyway.

While it's great that OSGi adoption is getting better I still don't
believe it's something Commons should rely on. At least that's my
opinion.

cheers
--
Torsten