commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <GGreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release commons-fileupload 1.2.1 (rc3)
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 01:55:15 GMT

That does not work for me, no matter what version of Xalan I put in ANT_HOME/lib, I always
get:

Using loader null on class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/Node

          at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.FormatterElement.createFormatter(FormatterElement.java:241)

          at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.FormatterElement.createFormatter(FormatterElement.java:214)

          at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.transferFormatters(JUnitTestRunner.java:818)

          at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.launch(JUnitTestRunner.java:910)

          at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:766)

--- Nested Exception ---

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/Node

          at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.FormatterElement.createFormatter(FormatterElement.java:232)

          at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.FormatterElement.createFormatter(FormatterElement.java:214)

          at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.transferFormatters(JUnitTestRunner.java:818)

          at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.launch(JUnitTestRunner.java:910)

          at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:766)

Then I read:

http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#junit-no-runtime-xml

This states that the only way to fix this is to fix one's build.xml file like so:

"the easiest solution is to add

<pathelement path="${ant.home}/lib/xml-apis.jar:${ant.home}/lib/xercesImpl.jar"/>

to your task's <classpath>."

I implemented this and the build succeeded. So I am submitting the attached patch to build.xml.
This path element is ignored by Java versions >= 1.4 since one must use the override mechanism
to use different XML libs than what is in the runtime.

Tracking here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FILEUPLOAD-153

Thank you,

Gary