commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release pool 1.4
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 01:57:14 GMT
On Jan 14, 2008 2:13 PM, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
> The artifacts look good, the build also succeeded in all variants (on a
> JDK 1.6). So I am +1 for this release.
>
> Two minor points:
> - On my first attempt to build with maven 2 I got the test failure
> below. However this was not reproducable, further builds succeeded. Has
> anybody else seen this?

I think I saw a similar failure once last year reported by the
nightlies when they were running on a vmware machine.  What is going
on in the test is that the the idle object evictor is set to run every
500ms and the test waits 1000ms and checks to make sure eviction has
happened.  This is a little fragile, since it depends on <500ms time
resolution and timer execution.  Should probably be refactored, but
not worth holding the release.

Thanks for your review and vote.

Phil