commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] 1.4-RC2 available for review
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:35:25 GMT
On 1/11/08, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 5:10 AM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have tagged and rolled another (hopefully last) RC for pool-1.4.  If
> > there are no significant problems reported with this RC, I will roll a
> > final distribution making only version number changes and kick off a
> > VOTE based on the release bits later this week.
>
> Looks good to me tests run OK, distros look OK. I ran the RAT report
> against the source distro:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/rat-commons-pool-1.4-RC2-src.txt
>
> I also ran CLIRR on the 1_4_RELEASE_BRANCH and that looks good too
> (nothing > "info" in the severity.
>
> The only two comments are that would be nice IMO if the m2 pom was
> included (for users who want might want to use it) and seems strange
> to include the jar in the source distro.

Good catch.  Will fix the missing POM.  Having the jar in the source
distro is I think an m1 thing.

> Lastly do you mind me adding OSGi entries to the jar's manifest (I can
> do this for both m1 and m2) - or is it too late and you're going to
> call a vote based on RC2?

Thanks, Niall.  You caught me just in time.  I was just about to copy
the final tag.  If you add the OSGi stuff to 1_4_RELEASE_BRANCH in the
next 10 hrs or so, I will get it in to the final that I am planning to
roll this evening.

Thanks for reviewing.

Phil