commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [pool] 1.4-RC2 available for review
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 05:10:23 GMT
I have tagged and rolled another (hopefully last) RC for pool-1.4.  If
there are no significant problems reported with this RC, I will roll a
final distribution making only version number changes and kick off a
VOTE based on the release bits later this week.

Changes since RC1:

* Site fixes
* Javadoc fixes
* Improved formatting of release notes
* Modernize Ant build (POOL-118)
* Made eviction thread a daemon
* Made addObject synchronized (as in 1.3) POOL-120
(I chose the simple fix for this issue, see comments in POOL-120)

The tars/zips are here:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/pool-1.4-RC2/distributions

Site:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/pool-1.4-RC2/docs/

Release Notes:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/pool-1.4-RC2/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

To faciliated testing, I have (manually) uploaded the RC jar to the
apache m1 snapshot repo:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/commons-pool/

Thanks in advance for your feedback.  Patches / direct fixes should be
against branches/1_4_RELEASE_BRANCH.  The RC was built from
tags/POOL_1_4_RC2.