commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject [all] releasing a nearly dormant project (was Re: [exec] how to proceed for a nearly dormant project)
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 09:00:31 GMT
>>> Exec would need to migrate to proper first.
>>
> According to the website moving to proper requires an "active group
> of committers" - I hardly qualifiy for that so I'm sort of stuck

That was my concern

> Therefore I see two options
>
> +) one existing committer teams up with me (preferred but rather
> unlikely looking at the recent activity)
> +) I leave commons-exec at it is in the sandbox  and push out a
> SNAPSHOT release

IMO a SNAPSHOT release is not really what we want. But I guess we (as
a community) need to discuss situations like these. The definition of
active committers is rather vague in this context. After all we have
quite some "one man shows" where other committers just help out. But
not releasing "exec" does not sounds like a better option either.

Thoughts?

cheers
--
Torsten