commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: Support for OSGi
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:00:29 GMT
On 31/01/2008, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:

> These isn't much OSGi knowledge here in commons - we're doing this at
> the request of the Apache Felix project so that they don't have to
> re-package our artifacts for OSGi. So I'm hoping that someone from
> Felix will pick up your second and third points :)

(I've answered the 2nd/3rd points in another reply...)

Btw, on behalf of OSGi users thanks for taking the time to add the OSGi
metadata.
It will be so great to be able to just drop commons jars straight onto a
framework.

We've had two releases recently with OSGi info (Commons Pool 1.4 and
> Commons IO 1.4) and we have a wiki page to track progress here (which
> hopefully we'll keep up-to-date):
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CommonsOsgi
>
> Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Agreed, any feedback is really appreciated as it helps improve things for
all users.

--
Cheers, Stuart