commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons IO 1.4 based on RC3
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2008 15:47:57 GMT
On Jan 20, 2008 1:44 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally had a moment to review the release. Looks good, so:
>
>     [x] +1  I support this release
>
> Checked signatures, reviewed license and notice files, built and
> tested using Maven 2 with Sun Java 1.6.0_03 and 1.4.2_16 on Windows
> Vista and with Sun Java 1.5.0_01 on Fedora Core. All OK.
>
> PS. A minor complaint, the -sources and -javadoc jars inside the -bin
> packages differ from the standalone versions. The only differences
> seem to be different create timestamps inside the files apparently
> because of separate passes to build the packages and the assemblies.
> It would be nicer if the jars were byte-equal.

Unfortunately running "mvn -Prc source:jar javadoc:jar install
-DcreateChecksum=true" created everything (ncl signs and checksums),
except the javadoc and sources jars were built after the binary distro
and not included. So I used "mvn -Prc source:jar javadoc:jar install
-DcreateChecksum=true" instead. Need a better way to do this which
I'll look at when I have time, unless someone else can point out a
better way.

Niall