commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons IO 1.4 based on RC2
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:02:49 GMT
On Jan 16, 2008 3:58 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> The manifest created by the M2 build includes the following:
>
> Build-Jdk: 1.5.0_07
>
> so yes, the actual build JDK is shown, but so are the intended versions.
>
> For javac, the source and target setting have limited effect in that
> they don't affect the libraries, see:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-173?focusedCommentId=12557925#action_12557925

Just a note on the above - I have built IO 1.4 using Ant and JDK 1.3
(the ant build excludes the JDK 1.4 dependant classes when JDK 1.3 is
used) and that guarantees that except for the 4 JDK 1.4
implementations the rest if the code base only uses JDK 1.3 APIs. Feel
free to try this out yourselves.

Niall