commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [io] 1.4-RC1 available for review
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:36:08 GMT
On Jan 15, 2008 10:19 PM, Gary Gregory <GGregory@seagullsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hello [io]:
>
> While the Ant build is clever enough to conditionally compile code that requires Java
1.4, it then does not conditionally compile unit tests for the Java 1.4-based [io] classes,
which breaks [1] the build on Java 1.3.1.

Yes I ran out of steam on that - and its documented on the site:
   http://people.apache.org/~niallp/io-1.4-RC1/site/building.html

The main point from my PoV for this version was to have a way to
verify that no JDK 1.4 code had leaked into the main code base
(outside of the four new JDK 1.4 dependant implementations) - as a
bonus if anyone wants/needs to build on JDK 1.3 then all but the tests
are there.

Niall

up the report in per-project chunks: http://garygregory.com/os/builds/index.html#commons-io-1.4-Sun-1.3.1_15-b01