commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent 7
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 14:22:51 GMT
On Jan 8, 2008 7:55 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:

> >> Well I tried it and it didn't.
> >
> > Apologies - I just tried specifying the latest javadoc plugin version
> > (2.3) and it worked. I'm just wondering why the javadoc jar plugin
> > doesn't also do the "local" resources as well?
>
> You normally don't want the javadoc-plugin to include your normal
> resources, the ones that end up in target/classes during the build. You
> can however tell the javadoc-plugin to use special javadoc resources if
> you want to:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/examples/javadoc-resources.html

I tried adding that to the javadoc plugin configuration
   <javadocDirectory>target/classes/META-INF</javadocDirectory>

but it didn't work and looking at the copyJavadocResources() method in
AbstractJavadocMojo (http://tinyurl.com/2ewwyz) it appears to pass an
includes parameter of "**/doc-files" to Plexus's FileUtils
getDirectoryNames() method (http://tinyurl.com/2cnokz) - so my reading
is these files would need to be in a "doc-files" directory - is this
correct or am I doing something wrong?

Niall