commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <>
Subject [math] possible issue with ValueServer.getNextReplay()
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 20:16:32 GMT
Still playing with findbugs, I have encounter another thing I don't

The getNextReplay() method in ValueServer has a wrap feature to restart
file reading when EOF is encountered. This feature is triggered when
readLine returns null, but only one test is performed.

I think that this  could produce a NullPointerException is the provided
file is empty. I don't see any check for this. Adding a check would
imply changing the method signature by adding a new Exception (the
method only declares throwing IOException).

Any thoughts about this ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message