commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [exec] How to support the various Logging APIs?!
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 00:00:04 GMT
Siegfried Goeschl skrev  den 10-01-2008 13:41:

> I changed the code to use stdout/stderr per default to make
> commons-logging an optional dependency but the question remains -
> should we support logging libraries within commons-exec?

Hi.

I have been very pleased with the slf4j API for logging, as it allows me
to choose the back-end at deploy-time instead of compile time.   Java
util logging does not work under 1.3 (which we have customers using),
log4j has log4j.properties madness, and commons logging have class
loader madness.   At least the decision can be taken when the deployment
settings is known.

I would suggest that you look into it.

--
  Thorbjørn