commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject [math] understanding BigMatrixImpl.TOO_SMALL field
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:59:44 GMT
I am performing a new pass on removing findbugs warnings.
One warning occurs in both BigMatrixImpl and RealMatrixImpl, it is about
the protected field TOO_SMALL that according to findbugs should be
final. I agree with it. This field is also protected whereas I would
prefer it to be private. It is used in only once in each class.

I don't see the point for a protected non final field. Is it intended to
be changed by derived classes ? Then shouln't there be a method for that
? Would you mind if I change the field to private final ?

Luc