commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [IO] Planning IO 1.4 release
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:49:44 GMT
Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> I just feel that there is sooo much discussion necessary to pull
> something off here in commons. We have a saying in Sweden that sums it
> up, but I'm not sure how it works after translation. It goes something
> like this:
>
>   "Much talk, but no work"
>
> I wish that some of the energy that goes into the discussions would go
> into actual coding instead...

<rant>
So do I, but my opinion is that had we never ever used maven in commons,
and only ever used ant we would have been *much* better off. (And so
would our users, as they would have more up to date components to use,
do to more real coding time being available).

I'd love someone to analyse what threads actually occur on commons. It
feels like 50% are just about maven and builds, and that is crazy for a
tool that is meant to reduce the workload.
</rant>

Stephen