commons-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <>
Subject Re: [exec] How to support the various Logging APIs?!
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:04:01 GMT
> +) if we support commons-logging we might also need JDK logger, log4j and avalon-logger

commons-logging is a _wrapper_ that can be mapped to any of these.
And if commons-logging doesn't provide an out-of-the-box mapping,
then slf4j might. The point of using the commons-logging API is that
you don't have to support any specific logging framework anymore.

But if your logging is just a single line of code, then it may
indeed be easier to just change/override a method and get away
with the dependency.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message